• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ChiefAmatuerJay

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Washington, DC
  • Interests
    Victorian Architecture
  1. OK, one more time. This is the latest jpeg of the exterior. The colors aren't quite set yet, but I did manage to get the corner boards into the plan.
  2. OK, my bad. I grabbed the wrong file in my haste, but this website limits me to only a 25MB upload which my plan file exceeds. Sorry, I can't show you anything, unless anyone here knows how to bypass this restriction.
  3. Hey, Jo Ann, I've got arch in, but I can't seem to get it 0" off the ceiling without it sticking way down into the room. Or if I set the bottom to the adjacent ceiling height, then it sticks way above the middle ceiling plane. What do you mean by "set the default to 95 5/8"? Or am I missing something here?
  4. Yes.Jo Ann, that's what I was hoping to build. So, was this done with ceiling planes? Or did you work some other magic? And LawB10, I fixed those issues last night before I saw your post. Like I've mentioned this plan is still pretty raw, and I really need to clean it up.
  5. Special thanks to everyone, and especially to David J. Potter for his excellent video tutorial on my issue. Everything looks great now on my plan. Now, I just need to finish everything up, and I'm sure I'll be back here for more information. Keep Austin Weird, David. -- Jay, a former Austin-ite.
  6. That's probably exactly what I was trying to get. So, could you either explain how you fixed this or re-post the plan, if you just altered what I send out? I'd really like to know what you did. And, I''ll have to look into ceiling planes, that's a term I am unaware of, but I haven't found curved ceiling planes in Pro, yet.
  7. OK, here's the plan file. The specific problems are: 1)The second floor gable above the window bump out. I did place an exterior attic wall over this area, and it looks correct when I open it, but it's not rendering correctly. 2) The soffits in the second floor master bedroom are sticking out above the roof line. I haven't found a way to clean these up. but what I'd like to illustrate here is an arched ceiling between these soffits mirroring to some extent the palladian window at the front, and it shouldn't exceed that roof line. 3) That palladian window should be much hi
  8. Hmmm... I didn't see where to add what version I was using in my profile, so I just tagged this message with the Home Designer Pro 2018. I'll look again. I actually have not broken the wall behind the bump out, so on the plan it appears as 2' x 7' room. I tried breaking the back wall earlier and that didn't seem to affect this. This particular structure only exists in my head as of now. Well, it also exists in Microstation, but that program is completely manual. I have tried setting the ceiling height in that little "room" to just 8' and I set all three walls of the bump out to that. What I do
  9. I'm working on a personal project for a medium sized Queen Anne Victorian home, and I can't seem to get the master bedroom's front window to come out correctly. I'm trying to put in is a 7'-4" wide x 2' deep bump out with a paladian window and sidelights in it. This window will begin just above where the roof for the front porch attaches, but that roof is not yet drawn in yet, and the bump will also have a bench seat in it when complete. The problem as you can see here, is that the bump is not ending at the correct height, and as such doesn't get a little hip roof attached. For whatever reason