Center cooktop over two base cabinets?

ethanjsmith82

Is there a way to put a cooktop in between two base cabinets?  I am trying to build an island wide enough to house two wall ovens underneath the countertop, side by side.  But I want to have a cooktop centered on the island.  Basically, it's the same thing as having a range except I get two full size ovens underneath, side by side, and the uninterrupted countertop that a cooktop allows.

The only way I've found to get the cooktop centered is to make the entire island one big base cabinet.  When I do that, the wall oven I place underneath gets centered as well but I am limited to just a single oven for the single base cabinet.  Or, if I split the island into two cabinets, I can place the ovens side by side as desired, but the cooktop only gets inserted into the left or right side cabinet.

Disclaimer:  I have Suite, perhaps this is a limitation that would be overcome with the Pro version?

Try place the cooktop outside the island ,ignoring warning message , then hold the CTRL key and drag the cooktop into the Island as needed.

you may need to reset the height of the cooktop ,doing it this was as it wont automatically "sense" the countertop is all.

PS you can use the same trick to put two sinks into a bathroom cabinet too

M

Update:  it looks like certain cooktops in the library will automatically span overtop the continuous countertop even if it overlaps the base that it's in.  I think my problem was I was choosing a "rangetop" design. I retried it with the "extra large gas cooktop" and it worked fine.