henrykay

Support for Mac M1 ARM

I'm currently planning to upgrade my Mac, and am thinking about getting one with the new M1 ARM processor.  I note from your system requirements that Mac's with M1 processors are not supported.  Are there any future plans to provide a version which is compatible with M1 Mac's?

Thank you for the question.  Yes, we are looking at the Mac M1 processor for future compatibility.  For running graphics intensive programs such as Home Designer, we would still recommend a Mac computer with a discrete graphics card such as an AMD Radeon rather than the integrated graphics setup that come with the current M1 processor.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any questions at 208-292-3400.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software

But, does HD run in Rosetta 2 on the new M1 Macs?  I just need occasional access and minor editing.  Since HD runs on integrated Intel Graphics (however slow) I would assume it would work under Rosetta 2.  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Scott Buchanan

Runs well on M1 Mac under Rosetta 2 but rendering is not consistent.  It looks like a little tweaking would make it work better.  If Photoshop and Premier can run on M1 why doesn't CA do a better job??