Sun and shadow angles southern hemisphere

Buchan

Does the HD Pro do shadow lines related to sun angles/months/shadows for the southern hemisphere.  My daughter has been using the Suite (may be 2 years old). and has told me the sun lighting/shading "was difficult and cumbersome to calculate sun angles for shadows etc as it is a northern hemisphere product although it was doable".

Is the Pro any better?
Cheers

Hello,

Thank you for the question and for your interest in Home Designer Pro. 

Yes, Home Designer Pro had the ability to show sun angles and displays the shadow in a floor plan view.  You can input your location in the form of longitude and latitude (yes, this includes the southern hemisphere) and enter the date and time to see how the sun will cast shadows.  I have created a quick example and attached a screenshot below.  The image shows the shadow on this structure on Oct. 1st at 9AM. in my location. 

Home Designer Pro is the only Home Designer product that has this ability.  Here is a Tech Article that shows how the process works.  https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00489/displaying-a-structure-s-shadow-in-floor-plan-view-in-home-designer-pro.html 

image.thumb.png.987d15caa6fc5e6ce82a4a6fe27c7312.png

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software