Cannot change framing color in Elevation

rfcomm2k

I have designed a Tiny house for my daughter. I used HDPRO to layout first floor using normal ceiling heights, then added second floor areas using shorter ceilings. No problems whatsoever with the design.

I then created the framing for it and started looking at the elevations of the framing. The program did exactly what it was required to do and made the framing as the floorplan existed.

However, I need to optimize the framing, mostly for the sake of saving weight. I am trying to remove the top plates of the lower walls and the bottom plates of the upper walls in order to create a balloon frame structure. To help identify what frame members are not needed, and to place others where they ARE needed, I want to change the color of framing members, just to identify them in a 3D view. However, even though I can open the DBX for any given framing member in the elevation view, and I can change the material lines and fill, when I go back to the elevation view the color has not been changed. Same applies to the 3D view if I select a frame member from that window.

Is there some other way in which I can select a frame member and change the appearance, even if temporary?