Wall posts to roof line

samuel_marchant1

I assume you mean you want them to "grow taller" and touch the roof Plane ?

select each one in the 3D view and open it's DBX (dialog box)  and increase the Top Height until it disappears inside the Roof Plane.

You don't say what software or Version you have or how you got to that point but the above should work , otherwise try changing the "Room" height. 

M.

I assume you mean you want them to "grow taller" and touch the roof Plane ?

select each one in the 3D view and open it's DBX (dialog box)  and increase the Top Height until it disappears inside the Roof Plane.

You don't say what software or Version you have or how you got to that point but the above should work , otherwise try changing the "Room" height. 

M.

Yes correct.

Ahh, I haven't created them individually I have created them using a "straight railing" wall and then converting the "Rail Style" to "No Rail". I've also tried changing the "Newel/Posts" section to "Post to Ceiling" although I need it to the roof.

Sorry the software I am using is Chief Architect Premier X6.

I've tried changing the room height and selecting 

Then "uncreate them"  :)     ok seriously now.... delete the railings and just use the Post Tool in the Framing Menu , to place 4x4 or 6x posts and then set the heights individually.

probably the easiest way , since you don't want to mess with polyline solids being brand new to X6.

the Knowledge Base has lots of tutorials too like this one on post and beam structures which should help with the posts for you

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00598/19/Chief-Architect/Framing/Creating-a-Post-and-Beam-Structure.html

Mick