dawhit

You can add text etc to denote where shear walls are but there is no special "tool" for shear walls , probably because they must be designed by an Engineer in Most Areas and neither HD or Chief does ANY Engineering .

You could Copy your Wall Type and use a different fill perhaps to denote where Shearwalls are once the engineer has done the design.

David Potter may have more advise on this , he will be more familiar on how they handle it in Chief ...not sure if it relates to HD or not...

M.

Thanks, that's what I figured.  For conventional construction, my city provides guidelines for shear wall placement without requiring an engineer, but I do need to show placement on my plan.  I guess I'd just break apart my outer walls in order to use a hatch mark fill on the shear wall sections?

( I guess I'd just break apart my outer walls in order to use a hatch mark fill on the shear wall sections?)

use the break-wall tool, set breaks at the point where the SW will be, then select that wall section and in the wall dbx>define>select fill for that section and that should delineate the SW from the typical walls. Doesn't your jurisdiction require engineer stamped drawings for those anyway? IF so, you might want to add a note to refer to the specific dwgs/details.