Controlling Door Recessing

RichT66

I am looking for more control of the recessing of my doors. My roof is supported by a wall plate on the inner block wall hence I believe this needs to be the main layer. Similar to the standard 'thick brick wall' wall type all other layers including cavity, insulation and stonework are then the Outer Layer. In the UK doors are generally fitting to the outer layers.

My issue is that my outer layers are thick stone 200mm + 70mm insulation + 50mm cavity. For an inward opening door, either of the recessed options place the door hinged at the inner edge of the main layer. Using non recessed inward opening is not much better with the door buried deep into the wall. The only way I can get the door in the nearly the right place is selecting non recessed and making the door open outwards, which is then wrong in the plan. I even tried redefining the walls with outer layers as main layers, but then I couldn't accurately place the roof wall plate.

Surely there is more control as to where the door is hinged within the depth of the wall?

How glad I am to see that someone has the same problem as I do with the recessing of doors.  It's something I have mentioned on a number of discussions but there seems to be no solution forthcoming from CA.  When I look at the 3D renderings of my plans the doors always look so wrong.  Given that you can fiddle with the inset of windows I wonder why something similar can't be programmed for doors.