Sign in to follow this  
nomiguy

Wondering sideways with varying widths

I am trying to create sideways of varying archs and widths to create our landscape design. It seems I cannot create a connect poly shape to a solid surface and the sidewalk tools create fairly rigid shapes and when they are connected changing the width does the whole length. It is a paver walkway with a few half circles, connection points, etc. What is the best/easiest way to create this? Thanks in advance, drawing attached.

post-4269-0-61954500-1443323709_thumb.jpg

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left.

Home Designer YouTube videos. Some of these deal with landscape.

Knowledge Base.

Questions should be posted in Q&A. This section is for people sharing tips and techniques.

I don't have an answer, but you should get some ideas from the videos.

These are slabs and CAD shapes -- Arcs, Rounds etc. The CAD shapes will need to be converted to a slab to make them solid.

A bit tedious to shape.

These do not follow the terrain, so if you have terrain features, they may not work.

post-171-0-80921100-1443384450_thumb.jpg

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm using 2016 Home Designer Architectural. I tried making a slab but that too doesn't seem to follow terrain.....