Tips for creating realistic 3D home renderings


jhonwick45
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on designing homes using Home Designer software and I’m trying to improve the realism of my 3D renderings. I’d love to learn from the community:

  • What techniques do you use to make lighting and shadows look more natural?

  • How do you choose textures and materials to make rooms feel more realistic?

  • Are there any simple tricks or settings that can improve render quality without taking too much extra time?

I’m really interested in hearing what works best for you, especially any tips that help beginners or intermediate users improve quickly.

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I was initially using Lumion to create renders of my projects, but I've since moved to using D5 Render.   I use Home Designer Pro 2025, and I don't think there's any way to get good, photo-realistic renders out of it.   I just export the project as a DAE file, then import into D5 and assign textures and lights.   This can be fairly time-consuming initially, but iterations can be fairly quick.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share