• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About dbcurtis

  • Rank
  1. I'm trying to define a staggered-stud interior sound barrier wall. Search isn't turning up anything. What I am looking for is a 2x6 base plate, with 2x4 studs 12" O.C., staggered/interleaved so that each side of the wall ends up with 24" O.C. studs on which to hang drywall. For floor-planning purposes, I've just be using 6" interior wall. Now I'd like to use the correct wall specification so that the B.O.M. comes out close to correct. I tried defining an interior wall with these layers: -drywall -2x4 stud 24 O.C. -air gap of negative width -2x4 stud 24 O.C. -drywall But....