My garage items (including doors) dropped into my foundation

sfoster8

Hello, I am new to Home Designer software and have developed somewhat of a love/hate relationship with it as I try to work my way through learning the basics. 

I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I know it sounds odd but after I built the foundation, all of the garage items dropped to the foundation level as if the garage had no floor (I checked, and it does have a floor).

I contacted Support and sent them my plans.  What worked for them (deleting and rebuilding the basement) was something I had already tried, but tried again, and it isn't fixing my problem. 

Has anyone had any experience with this?

not sure what you mean by "items" ...doors? windows? tricycle?

if a room is designated garage it is dropped per the setting in the Build Foundation DBX , so if you placed all your items before building the foundation they may have been at the default floor setting of 0" before  , this was an issue in older versions in that you had to build the foundation before placing door and windows etc or they wouldn't cut the curbwall out etc , not sure if that was fixed in newer versions?

A plan is always good to look at , see the 2nd link in my Sig. for a how to for pics and plans.

Kbird1 - I saw your glass view in comparison with mine.  My view still looks exactly as I sent it, so that is even stranger.  I will install HD on another computer later today and check from there.  Hopefully, I will see the same thing you do. 

This does make me wonder about all the error messages I receive when I use Plan Check which I disagree with, like when it says something isn't connected to a switch but it definitely is connected. Or when it tells me one floor "might be" out of alignment with another floor so I use the align wall tool and then go to the other floor (which Plan Check never complained about before) and it now says it "might be" out of alignment with the floor I just supposedly aligned.  Going in circles.

But my plan is still very much a work in progress, and I've got a lot to learn.  Much of it seems to be trial and error. 

Thanks again.

I don't use suite , so maybe there is a difference ? hopefully someone else will try for you too.

I did get a bunch of warning when I opened you plan which I ignored , since  you are new and I kinda expected it , and just wanted to look at the garage floor issue ( one thing at a time) but didn't see anything here , not sure how or why you seem to have an extra basement under the garage.

You didn't fix it before posting the plan did you?

Hi - I did install HD Suite to another computer last night and the plan displays with the garage stuff where it should be, so maybe something is going on with my video card??? 

To answer your question - no, unfortunately I can't take credit for fixing the issue.  I have no idea how or why it is fixed.  Just one of life's little mysteries I guess...

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

As  a follow-up, this is the latest response from the Support Center, in case anyone else has the same issue in the future:

"When I open your plan I can see the foundation cut outs for the garage doors.  This is typical when the garage has a stem wall curb as our program creates by default.

However, if you wish to get rid of the curb then you can either raise the garage floor to the same height as the stem wall or lower the stem wall top down to the floor.  These settings can be found on the Structure panel of the Room Specification dialog."