Can't get this roof right for the life of me!

stpete111

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoAnn, I hope you didn't put a whole bunch of time into this as of yet.  The entire reason I've been doing this is to start with a reproduction of my home before starting a remodeling process - we wanted to use the software to aid in ideas.  We very much by chance met an Architect yesterday at a birthday party our kids were at.  We really hit it off and he is now going to be working with us in exchange for a good meal and some good craft beers :)  

I shared my experience with HDS and this forum and he was glad to hear of forum of helpful folks like this being available.

Thanks again very much, Mick and JoAnn for all your help, you've been great.  JoAnn, I'm still willing to try and figure out how we can get you onto a better computer...

Update.

After looking at your pics, I re-worked the plan with a new strategy  (2nd floor ceilings are now raised and auto roof is still 'on'), and this is how it turned out.

Lots of small glitches, (but nothing that can't be hidden with a few soffits or shapes) but I guess it has to be expected when using the limited tools that Suite & Architectural offer.

If you still want the plan to look at, let me know and I will upload it.  :)

post-63-0-75130300-1430377797_thumb.jpg

post-63-0-95563100-1430377824_thumb.jpg

Update.

After looking at your pics, I re-worked the plan with a new strategy  (2nd floor ceilings are now raised and auto roof is still 'on'), and this is how it turned out.

Lots of small glitches, (but nothing that can't be hidden with a few soffits or shapes) but I guess it has to be expected when using the limited tools that Suite & Architectural offer.

If you still want the plan to look at, let me know and I will upload it.  :)

Oh my gosh that's amazing work, JoAnn!, Very nicely done!  Yes, please do upload the Plan I would still greatly appreciate it!!  

Like I said, lots of glitches.

But I think this plan is more user friendly for you to apply to your own plan (to play with).

If your remodel involves the roof, then you have to leave 'auto roof on', otherwise, I think it's safe to turn 'auto roof' off.

I hope this works for you, so that you can easily convey your ideas to the architect.  A 3d pic is worth a thousand words!  :rolleyes:

gambrel roof with dormers2.zip