manual bay windows

rurorelroy

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

i am following the instructions creating manual bay windows, but i cant seem to get the window casing to meet at the corners correctly (there shouldnt be any siding between windows), and theres always a weird gap down near the bottom.  Help!

post-2669-0-00125200-1429545540_thumb.jpg

In order to approach what you want to do, you need to find a setting in "General Plan defaults" called "Ignore Casing when resizing Doors and Windows" ("Edit - Default Settings - Plan"). This allows you to place windows and doors without making space for the casings of Doors and Windows, it should only be used temporarily to create caseless bay or box manual windows and then turned back off when you are done.

DJP

You are welcome. It does make a little difference but not a lot. I assume you are trying to emulate a bay window unit that is made in a factory as a single unit (Andersen, Pella etc). The only way I have successfully done this is to find that symbol at 3D Warehouse, download it and import it into a plan and then make a hole for it to fit in. Admittedly I did this in Chief Architect Premier and not Home Designer Suite but I am sure you could do something similar provided you do not expect a $60 program to perform like a $2,600.00 program. For the money, Suite is a steal but it does not and cannot do everything under the Sun, Moon and Stars, it is just a fact.

DJP

• Downvote 1