Foundation Piers

ereisch

Using HD Pro 2014, I'm trying to create a pier in the middle of a beam I've drawn in the foundation level.  Perhaps I'm drawing things in the wrong floor, but on floor 0 (foundation), I've drawn a series of floor beams (1 3/4" LVL) from one side of the foundation to the other (side topic -- feature request: beam pocket in foundation block).

Since my span is too far for a single beam, I'm putting in a double beam with a series of staggered butt joints.  Obviously, I'll need to put a pier beneath each with a steel column at the joint.  However, when I try to place a "Round Pier" or "Square Pad" (which I presume is what I need) below this beam, it complains about not being able to place a pier away from a wall.  Should I be drawing the floor beam (which the first floor joists will be resting upon) on the first floor instead of the foundation?  Or is there something I'm not seeing to get a pier in the middle of my crawlspace?

Thanks in advance.

I think it'd be a Ceiling beam if you are drawing it in the basement , and I think you can use the Post Tool (Framing Tools) to place the Footing and post and change materials as needed. if you need a round steel post I think you can delete the wooden post after and then use a cylinder shape from the library instead if you post defaults (framing) don't allow for round ones?.

M.