Dual doors

Mike_Pascale

Hi,

I am using Home Desinger Suite 2016 on the mac.

We have dual doors, where there is an external door which is attached to the bricks outside of the house, and there is an internal door in exactly the same place as the external door which opens inwards and is wooden and is hinged on a wooden frame inside the house.

Could someone point me to a link or instructions how to create this in Home Desinger.

My guess is you will need two walls. One for each door. You may place a door in a Room Divider, or use wall type of your own making, or a standard one.

Remove trim etc as needed.

More specifics on your construction would help.

it may not be exactly what you have but you can actually place 2 exterior doors , one inswing , one outswing , then drag one on top of the other with the control key , YMMV as it may cause some weird things to happen but is do-able , a paste inplace and reverse of the top copies' swing may work too but here I just dragged one over the other with the Ctrl key.

post-25-0-07401800-1429408027_thumb.jpg

The way Mick suggests is the ONLY way to achieve this (by cheating actually, placing two door objects in the exact same space but facing them differently). The only other way possible is to download a door from Trimble 3D Warehouse and place the imported door symbol in the same space as the first one created in your software. I prefer Mick's method as it is less trouble to achieve.

DJP