Can I build angular window in HD Pro?

Robborito

I have been trialing HD Pro - and have come up against a need to insert an angular clerestorey gable window.

My freehand sketch is attached showing my concept drawing - and also an image of my partly developed model created in HD Pro;

is it possible to cut in the angular format window I show in my gable end - using the software HD Pro?

I have investigated the libraries etc - I'm not that 'cluey' on the whereabouts of somethings I can modify for such a use.

Can others please advise?

I want this to work - so badly in HDPro,

but this may be the stabling block for me on the HD Pro.....side of things.

The standard window formats do nothing for my design.

Regards, and many thanks in anticipation.

post-2413-0-86665800-1428977582_thumb.jpg

post-2413-0-39624200-1428977117_thumb.png

Hey that was easy........

I knew it, if everything else fails - read the manual! ( or equivalent's )

Keep forgetting about these 'specification' - the editable parametric functions.

My mistake; ( this time)

I was searching for a window to suit my needs as an object at the start;

The Answer;

Insert a window - then modify it in situ to suit. 

Smart.

Thank you gentlemen for your input. It's very easy when the method is known

I'm getting closer.

post-2413-0-24733000-1428993608_thumb.png

Yep the knowledgebase is always a good place to start if you have a question ,lots of good info and "how-to's" there.

Since you are on the Trial I know you can't post the plan here, so I wonder if you can show the settings as I'd like to see the settings you are using in the Window - Shape tab if you don't mind taking a screen shot with the Windows Snipping tool (in Accessories) .

I was thinking you'd have to make 2 windows each side of centre (at least) to get the divided look you want as I don't think "lites" are compatible with Shaped windows.

Not sure if it is easier done in Chief or not ,though I think you are Trial-ing it too?

M.

Yep the knowledgebase is always a good place to start if you have a question ,lots of good info and "how-to's" there.

Since you are on the Trial I know you can't post the plan here, so I wonder if you can show the settings as I'd like to see the settings you are using in the Window - Shape tab if you don't mind taking a screen shot with the Windows Snipping tool (in Accessories) .

I was thinking you'd have to make 2 windows each side of centre (at least) to get the divided look you want as I don't think "lites" are compatible with Shaped windows.

Not sure if it is easier done in Chief or not ,though I think you are Trial-ing it too?

M.

I simply followed the leads provided by you guys...Thank you.

And only have the overall shape I created in the screen shot attached earlier - HDPro won't insert colonial or other sashes. No prob. though - that is 2D stuff I can add in the relevant elevation.

Its a couple of lines. (Like we used to do.)

I think sometimes I see users getting too precious about having every little detail correct - everywhere.

And as I only have a demo - I'll have o rebuild the scenario for you.

I am exploring more obscure structure shapes, curvilinear wall, overlapping storeys and more. with the software - non conventional roof etc.

Allot of crashes it seems atm.

But fun getting it there.

Regards.

No problem , don't bother on my account , just haven't played enough myself beyond triangular windows to get the bottom off horizontal too like you  show.

I am seeing a few more reports of crashes on the MAC but haven't seen any causes yet.

No problem , don't bother on my account , just haven't played enough myself beyond triangular windows to get the bottom off horizontal too like you  show.

I am seeing a few more reports of crashes on the MAC but haven't seen any causes yet.

All good - I need the practice - the more you do it - the better you get at it. ( Excl. golf of course! )

Here are a couple of screen shots - its the "botom-corners" settings that raise and lower the sill to be raked (or sloped) depending on your vernacular.

I'm still searching to see if I can add internal sash/lites patterns - automatically i.e.,, but no big deal.

The 'Lites' button - is not accessible on the menu it seems.

Maybe it won't handle raking sills and heads on windows, but I'm guessing?

There are allot of radio buttons in this program - easier just go round turning them on and off again, to see the effects.

Thanks for your advice.

post-2413-0-74837900-1429573255_thumb.png

post-2413-0-14133900-1429573277_thumb.png

Thanks, I'm thinking cos you cant get "lites " in shaped windows that you maybe able to do it ,admittedly , with a bit of work using 3 shaped windows per side ( 1 per Lite) with the frame and sash measurements set really small as needed , but as you say a few CAD lines in Layout will give you what you need too.

M..

• 2 weeks later...

found this article on "Custom Lites" today but not sure it is doable in HD Pro 2016, as I'm not sure it has the "load Muntins" button?

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00930/

M.

You see there had to have been a way - and this is it , but not in HDPro it seems - as far as I can see.

No Make CAD block - nor muntins.....

Seems I would need to get into Chief for this.

Thanks Mick. Well found.

Ahhh forgot there is no "make CAD Block" in Pro  (just make Arch. Block) and unfortunately you can't see CAD lines in the 3D views but you could still use them I guess in Elevations on your Layout pages to give the look.  

there are a number of other restrictions on Shaped Windows too , ie need to be fixed glass and have no sill according to this KB Article, no sure if you saw it.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01024