Shed roofs and extensions

cnbuckley

Hi there I am new to the program and site I currently have home designer suite 10 and I have been getting on fine until I try and build a roof there are two major issues.

1) As you can see from the photo below, I have a semi - detached house with a main shed or half gable roof. Currently there is a single storey extension on back with a shed roof coming parallel off. When I add the four walls at the back of the main property for this extension and put the roof on it automatically puts three walls up to the second floor which I don't need. Please help how I delete these three walls.

2) Issue two is I would like to model an extension with  two storey gable end as per the image shown in 2 however I can't work out how to do it, I have made the current structure however putting the extension and roof on it just mades the walls and roof the same size as the main hous, please help

thanks chris

post-2554-0-74757300-1428558613_thumb.jpg

post-2554-0-00482000-1428558616_thumb.jpg

Hi DJP really appreciate you looking into this for me, this has answered question 2 excellently, my question 1 was making the single storey extension off the main house with a sloping or shed roof with out the automatic additional walls. Is this done in the same manner or is it a different way?

A picture of this is attached,

thanks v much again

chris

post-2554-0-38833900-1428615180_thumb.jpg

try making the single storey addition 6" narrower than the main house and the software should do it ok, it seems to have an issue with additions that are exactly the same width as the main building , as it then thinks the addition is the main house and tries to merge the rooflines.

M.