Kitchen Sink - how to I select it once it's placed?

stpete111

Go to solution Solved by stpete111,

Select the cabinet, then TAB. That should select the sink.

Eric,

Thanks for the reply, but hitting Tab is the same as doing Select Next Object, which is not working for me.  If I select the cabinet, then either hit Tab or right-click-Select Next Object, it either just de-selects the cabinet w/o selecting the sink, or sometimes (seemingly randomly) it selects the entire kitchen.

• Solution

KB-00147 - Selecting a Sink after it is Placed in a Cabinet

"In Home Designer Essentials, Suite and Interiors, sinks, dishwashers and other library items cannot be selected independently once they have been placed in a cabinet."

Many thanks for that, katalyst.  How silly that something as simple as moving a sink is reserved for the higher-end versions of HD.  But at least that answers my question.

• 5 months later...

Wow, no kidding that is pretty basic functionality to not allow in Suite.  Kitchen appliances appear to work the same way  :angry:.  Does anyone have suggestion for making it less tedious when you are still creating the kitchen layout and want to test different looks?

Wow, no kidding that is pretty basic functionality to not allow in Suite.  Kitchen appliances appear to work the same way  :angry:.  Does anyone have suggestion for making it less tedious when you are still creating the kitchen layout and want to test different looks?

If that's what you do, then don't us a cabinet mounted appliance, use a standalone. If it's cabinet mounted, just move the cabinet.