Changing line description 2D view to see new vs existing

DCortes

What I am drying to do is create a first floor drawing say a rectangular dwelling 50' x 30' which is the existing dwelling.  Then add an addition say 20' x 16' but I want the view to show differently so you know what is existing and what is new.  Using HD Pro 2016

Dave

Dave, the way I do remodeling plans is to first create a relationally correct "as-built" plan file and then "save-as" a copy of that and add my addition. I end up with two files. In the addition plan file you can change the fill pattern of the new walls to show in plan view what is new and existing. You just use the tools at hand and get creative.

DJP

David

I tried what you said and I get the same results.  No possible way of changing just one or two walls with a Hatch fill they all change at the same time even if there not connected.  There's got to be a way to just change two exterior walls with a different fill.  I guess Revit has me spoiled

What I left out of my prior post is that in Home Designer Pro you take a wall type that you are NOT already using in the plan, and make that wall type layered just like your exterior walls for camera views but with a different name, the same for interior walls, (you take another wall type and delete all of its layers except for framing and sheetrock) then with a different wall type that looks like interior 4 and or siding 4 you can change the fill on the new walls. I will do a You Tube video demonstrating the entire cycle of action.

DJP

• 1 month later...