Display Options

English

Go to solution Solved by English,

I have two dormers that I created with using the Auto Floating Dormer Tool.  I did not want this to appear for plotting so I unchecked the Auto Dormer Layer in Display Properties (a red x says that there were objects on that layer) but they still show up in plan view.

Any idea why?
Thanks

Alan

If the display options doesn't work  for Dormers you can move the Roof Plane up to the next level , or down before sending to  Layout/Print.

Sorry I'm new to this program but how do you move objects to a different level?  Still don't know why the Display option doesn't work.  I'm sending a request to tech support.

Thanks

Alan

• Solution

Okay I moved my first floor roof to the next floor drew a dormer on that and it shows in 3D view but not on the first floor plan as desired.   But now I have the same issue when plotting the second floor -- the dormers show up.  So I created a dummy third floor added a dormer there and voila -- it worked.
Thanks

Alan

turning off auto dormers only turns off the Roof Hole the Dormer cuts , it does not get rid of the Dormer walls or windows turning off "Walls:Normal"  will get rid of those but has the side effect of getting rid of ALL walls in Plan view on all levels , which may not be desirable...

M.

turning off auto dormers only turns off the Roof Hole the Dormer cuts , it does not get rid of the Dormer walls or windows turning off "Walls:Normal"  will get rid of those but has the side effect of getting rid of ALL walls in Plan view on all levels , which may not be desirable...

M.

That is very misleading isn't it.  So maybe add to the Wish List instead of a bug report?

Alan

Calling "the way it is done" a work-a-round is understandable and progress would not occur if no one suggested or complained. I merely point out that before the Dormer tool was added, your only choice was to create them stick by stick manually. The dormer tool was a big step forward even though it is far from a perfect solution in all respects.

DJP