Blocks

English

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I just watched the training video on how to create architectural blocks.  There is no create block icon at the bottom of the screen as shown in the video and the help option does not say how to install it.

Help anyone?
Thanks

Alan

Make sure the software being shown is what you have (not all video tutorials apply to all Home Designer titles). I know Pro can block items, I am not sure about Architectural, Suite or Interiors.

The command icon appears as a choice in the "Edit Toolbar" only when you have objects that can be "blocked" together (otherwise the command icon will never be seen). The "Edit Toolbar" only appears when an object is "selected", when an object is "deselected" the Edit Toolbar then vanishes/ Each time it appears on screen, it will contain all the applicable command icons for that selected object or objects. If the block command icon is not present then the selected objects are not "blockable".

DJP

Use the 'edit area' function to draw a selection around the entire bathroom, then copy. 

Open a new plan, tiled next to the original plan. 

On the tool bar>edit>paste into the new plan.

Save this new plan with a descriptive name.

The bathroom layout will now be available whenever you want it.

Use the 'edit area' function to draw a selection around the entire bathroom, then copy. 

Open a new plan, tiled next to the original plan. 

On the tool bar>edit>paste into the new plan.

Save this new plan with a descriptive name.

The bathroom layout will now be available whenever you want it.

Thanks JoAnn.  Can then import that layout into a new drawing?

Alan

• Solution

I do the same as Jo_Ann -- have a plan that contains a bunch of kitchens and one with baths.

Open plan, select the one you want, copy and paste into new plan.

There is no importing or linking of plans.