lost toolbars and status bar

barthmv

Go to solution Solved by barthmv,

all of my toolbars and status bar has disappeared.  I checked the display options and the preferences and everything appears to show that the toolbars should be present.  I unstalled the software from my computer and reinstalled it and still there is no toolbars and status bar.  Any suggestions?

I think Eric is probably right , what he has pointed you to, is the Toggle buttons for Toolbars and the Status Bar , they should have a small check mark on the icon if enabled.

if that doesn't work ,try Preferences>Reset Options>Reset Side Windows.

M.

ok, I reset the side windows and can not see the status bar when I select a build option etc.   I still don't see any tool bars.  The toolbar icon has a check on it so they should be there.  The only time I can see tools are when I select something from the build window.  but I don't have them after I perform the task.  Hope I am making sense.  If I open Home designer pro 2014 and look at my plans the tool bars are there.  Can anyone tell me if there are toolbars present after first installing the program.  There should be right? 

Thanks for all the help

I am using Hd pro 2015 build 16.4.1.20x64

ok, I tried everything in your video and nothing worked.  I had already tried it all several times before.  What I did finally end un doing is under the toolbar customization window I selected configurations which showed only custom tools and then selected import.  this took me to a directory the had a default configuration toolbar file.  I selected it and everything was good after that.  thanks for everyone's response.  Love this site.

• Solution

I forgot to mention in my post that David's video showing all of the tools with check marks is what got me to thinking that my toolbar file wasn't there.  Thanks for the video David.  I watch all of the ones that you post for various people and find them all informative.  You are a valuable asset for this site.