Newbie Question

English

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I am new to HD Pro having used ACAD Architecture for years.  How can I get all of my tools in one place?  For instance in ACAD I can have all my editing tools in one side bar -- such as mirror, stretch, trim, extend, chamfer, etc. and well as a sidebar for annotating, drawing (lines, polylines, circles) et al.  I think you get the idea.

Thanks

Alan

The Chief Architecture products are not ACAD, and I believe you will be better off if you learn the Chief way rather than trying to replicate ACAD. 

There are many videos on YouTube and on the Home Designer and Chief websites that will get you going. Pro is a lot like Chief Premier, so watch those videos too. 

The editing toolbar by default is at the bottom of the window, but you may drag it elsewhere, just like the toolbars at the top of the window.

If you could post a screen capture of what you are wanting, it will help us try to get you there.

The typical ACAD user is transitioning to Chief Premier, so you will find some insight over at ChiefTalk. Check out the user ACADuser.

• Solution

Welcome to the forum. I have used Chief Architect Inc software since 1995, never used ACAD, but I have known lots of ACAD users who now use Chief and Home Designer. A common thread from ACAD users is similar to your complaint (that HD and Chief are not ACAD basically). I have also observed that their complaints die away as they learn and get used to how Chief-Home Designer is programed and organized. 

A common complaint is the lack of 2D tools, which I easily again understand on the basis of unfamiliarity. I went from pencil and paper directly to Chief Architect Premier Version 4 but if you are use to drawing-creating using a particular program, learning is a little painful and one naturally tends compare the new to the old and familiar. I am sure you switched for some well founded reasons for you, I predict as the mystery falls away you will loose your affinity for the old as your competence rises with the new.

DJP

The Toolbars in Pro are fully customisable , you can drag them to different place or even have them floating , you can delete buttons and add buttons for one you use often etc. There are also different configurations already setup for doing CAD detailing. Terrain Work etc , and you can make you own as well , check it out in the reference manual.

M.