Reasonable laptop replacement

dukie1

I have been running Home Designer Pro 16 & 15 on a Lenovo Y480. Works well but would like to upgrade to a lighter laptop (back problems) that has same or better graphics (3D) performance. Any recommendations?

The make-break for a laptop is its video card or the lack there of. Laptops with "integrated" video support usually give lousy performance with this software, laptops with a separate video card give better support to Home Designer software. Then it is a matter of other integral features, such as screen size and weight as well as cost.

DJP

Largely depends on Budget but try for something with a Nvidia graphics cards and make sure to set the NV Card as the default card for HD Pro to use it for 3D or it may use the intergrated chip which is slower.

Some windows Tablets will run it too like the Microsoft Surface.

I run it on a Desktop so I can't point to a specific Laptop but you could do a search at Chieftalk , it is a commom question there too.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/   (same user id + password if you need it,you are signed in here, so maybe not)

M.

Thanks for the info. Am curious about the Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Much experience running it on that platform? I have a desktop that is my main platform but need something light to take to the field.  

- B