one railing post goes thru roof

I have PRO 2015

The last two porches that I have design has had only one of the post to go thru the roof.  I have deleted the railing and added it back with the same result.  I have the railing to sop at the ceiling level.  Also on the shed roof side the outside post does reach the ceiling but as the roof continues up the other post do not reach the ceiling.  I think this is two issues.post-239-0-26383400-1427745927_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any ideas on these issues.

Bill

If the post is part of a railing wall, its height is controlled by the ceiling height set in the Room Specification Dialog - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height. If that is the case, then I would suppose that the ceiling height is set too high for that covered porch. You probably drew the roof planes manually. If you used an enclosed space with railing walls, then set the ceiling lower (even if the ceiling is turned off, the ceiling height still controls the height of railing posts.

To get the exact effect you want you might consider replacing the center posts (under the gable ends) with manually placed and sized posts. The above is my best guess just based on your posted image.

DJP

is the railing wall connected properly in that outer corner ? the lower wall doesn't appear to meet the post ( or the post is outside the porch? bit hard to tell from posted pic)

It appears that post is taking it's height from the Room ridge height rather than the outer wall height but can you not select the post in that view ? then grab the top edit handle and drag it down to the correct height? M.