railing bottom height

Vikki_WA

In a 3D view I can select a wall and get edit handles on all sides so that I can change the top and bottom heights of the wall, but this doesn't seem to be available with railings (no top or bottom handles). The default top and bottom height are greyed out in the dialog box as well. I want to lower the bottom of an exterior railing to bring it closer to the terrain. Any idea how to do this?

not sure this is possible unless new in 2015 , the railings height is set in the Railing Defaults , (42 " here for code , 36" on stairs) and the bottom rail is controlled by the "Shoe" options though I have never personally heard it called that,(bottom rail here) but the raise shoe option seems to be a set distance above the deck , I think because the gap is covered by code reqs. sam as the baluster (spindle) spacing. if you use No shoe option, balusters will go to floor surface , if you uncheck no shoe too, you will get the bottom rail on the floor with the spindles on top of it.  

Railings and Fences have other options available too ,such as follow terrain or step terrain you could try too.

M.