How to align grid lines to walls.

UserChiefRich

Go to solution Solved by Garybills,

I started my project by entering the plot plan including aligning the boundaries to the proper geographical direction. The house is also entered facing in the proper direction. This does not line up with the drawing grid. I'm  ok with that except the floor boards seem to be aligned to the grid so they are at an angle to the wall. Is there a way to fix that? 

lahainaPlot44x268FFFa.plan

• Solution

I don't know what version of HD you have, but some of your textures were missing when I downloaded your plan and the missing textures said HD Suite 2020. My example is HD Pro 2020 so I hope Suite will work the same. Since you started you plan on an angle your floors aren't drawing on that angle. In Plan view go to Edit, Edit Area, Edit Area (All Floors), Marquee select everything then go to transform replicate objects and rotate -15 degrees. I hope this works for you.

ROTATE.thumb.PNG.ca1a26b9e63ef7603cfae47ff9124611.PNG

What he said above.

Next time, draw house first then add in property boundaries and rotate property to suite what you want.

I add North arrow so I can quickly remind myself compass points for sunrise/sunset etc

House floor plan is always square to paper except for maybe a surveyors plot plan they tend to have North pointing up.

• Upvote 1

Thanks!

Garybills suggestion worked. I do have HD Suite 2020. The textures you were missing may have been from the free Sherwin Williams library I loaded. It sounds like I should have done this in 2 steps. Step 1 would be to put in the plot plan and the easements as accurately as possible so it could be determined what size manufactured home would fit on the lot and what the orientation would need to be. Once that was determined, it sounds like I should have started over to draw the selected home. Does that sound right? Thanks again to both of you for your help. 

On 6/7/2023 at 8:23 AM, UserChiefRich said:

Thanks!

Garybills suggestion worked. I do have HD Suite 2020. The textures you were missing may have been from the free Sherwin Williams library I loaded. It sounds like I should have done this in 2 steps. Step 1 would be to put in the plot plan and the easements as accurately as possible so it could be determined what size manufactured home would fit on the lot and what the orientation would need to be. Once that was determined, it sounds like I should have started over to draw the selected home. Does that sound right? Thanks again to both of you for your help. 

that is one way.

Just use simple rectangle polyline to represent the home OVERALL dims or DIM requied to be inside set backs.

Play with it until happy... save that as it could be a simple plot plan.

then draw house from new planfile. then when done and happy add in lot and whatever else you want.