Stairs against angled wall

KParenteau

Go to solution Solved by Rookie65,

Greetings!  I am in search of an answer and not finding what I need.  I have an entryway that has an angled set of stairs going into a living space and when the stairs hit the wall on the angled side, there's a gap showing.  I want the stairs to come all the way to the wall and cut off flush at the angle.  This means the stairs will have to be cut at an angle to lay flat against the wall on the left, but I cannot replicate that concept in Home Designer Pro.  Please see the pictures to know what I am getting at.  I found the "wrap" option to connect the two sets of stairs together, but the stairs on the left either fall short, or go through the wall.  Please help!

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 2.43.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 2.43.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 2.48.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 2.51.34 PM.png

Build each tread with a custom countertop.Subtract the thickness of the tread, as you will use the riser you created to make the tread. The custom counter can be cut at the angle you need with the break tool. Then transform/replicate each piece, raise it up, then adjust the depth to what your tread will be. Start at the bottom.

@Rookie65 - Thank you for your response.  I will give that a try and report back.  While I am working on that, I had a thought...  Wouldn't that also throw off material lists, etc.?  Because then it would call for counter top material that isn't actually in the build.  It might seem like a small nuance, however I am trying to find the best way to realize accuracy with a design to see how I can leverage the material lists for ordering and estimating.

If you make it from a material other than the kitchen counter material, I would think that it would show up on the material list as that material. The material lists generated from the program are only as accurate as your plan. I think you'll find that most builders will do their own estimates, as each one does it differently. The program list may be a good starting point for a budget price, yet to base material ordering from it would leave you missing materials, in my opinion.

@Rookie65 - Interesting idea with landings.  I will try that as well!  I started working your custom counter concept and that does appear to work well, but haven't checked for the material list yet.  I will do that tonight or tomorrow and also try the landing idea and report back.  Thanks so much for your suggestions and help!

@Rookie65 - It looks like the custom shape of the landing works the best in this case.  Thank you for the suggestion.  It would be nice if the program would allow for angled stairs like that and add the baseboard and railing options for it.  But this is the best method it seems.  Thank you again!