Layer Display Options

John_McG

I was watching one of the training videos and saw that the instructor had the Layer Display Options panel, if that is the correct term, docked on the right side of the screen along with the Library Browser.  I think it is very convenient to have this readily available like that; however, I cannot seem to duplicate that on my version. I can only get it to "float" on the screen and not dock.  I am using the new 2024 Pro Version.  I am brand new to this software so this might seem like an overly simple question.  It is also my first question on this forum.

John McGowan

Home Designer PRO 2024

iMac 2020 10-Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 16GB

64 GB DDR4

John, the video you were watching most likely was on “Chief Architect” – our product line for the professional designers.  One of the key features in this product line are the added dockable side windows for the (1) Project Browser and, (2) Active Layer Display Options (all Home Designer products have the (3) Library Browser).  You can learn more on the product differences of Chief Architect Premier and Home Designer Pro in this Link.

Chief Architect Premier.png

Thanks Scott.  It's too bad that this in not included in the Pro version also because it is really useful to have this info at the ready so to speak.  One recommendation I would offer up is that when you develop the training videos, like where I saw this, that the speaker not which version of the program is being used.  The video itself was awesome and professionally done.  Thanks again!