Mouse pointer and functionality disappears after opening a camera view

PaulBCS

Lately when I am working in a plan view and open a cross section or full cameral view, I lose my mouse pointer when I close out of the cross section/full camera view and go back to work in the plan view. I can see the pointer on the tool bars at the top, bottom, and sides of the plan view but it completely disappears when it moves from the tool bar into the plan view. I can sometimes get it to come back but I seem to lose functionality in that I can't zoom in and out with my scroll wheel and I can't click on various objects within the plan.  I have tried closing the plan window and it seems to freeze.  The only way I seem to be able to get all functionality to come back is to completely close the program and reopen it. I can then modify the plan view but the same thing happens the next time I open a camera view.

If I leave the camera view open, I can still work in the plan view but the second I close the camera view, I lose all mouse functionality in the plan view. I then have to completely close the program to go back to work in the plan view.

It's been a few months since I used the program.  I do some residential remodeling and often draw the plans for bidding and permitting purposes myself.  When I last used the program, I did not have any issues.  I have created new plans and opened past plans with which I had no problems and I still get the same issue.  I have never experienced anything like this before.  I have checked for updates and it says I am up to date. Is there a way to fix this?

I work in Home Designer Pro 2020

I use and HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15t-df100
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.30 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I'm running:
Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎8/‎11/‎2020
OS build    19045.2728
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Video Card info attached

Video Card Info.jpg

• 4 months later...

I've been having the same issue.  Same version HD Pro 2020 using Windows 10 Pro.  My Logitech m310 works everywhere else, and it appears to have the most current driver.  Before I go through all the effort to register for a "trial" version, has there been any future wisdom on what the problem may be and what solutions there might be?

Here is my basic info

• Device name    LAPTOP-0SQAD1PR
  • Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
  • Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
  • Device ID    D15CDC06-FAEA-4EEF-982F-41B58E807BFF
  • Product ID    00330-52996-26352-AAOEM
  • System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Pen and touch    Pen and touch support with 10 touch points
  • NVIDIA Quadro P3200 with Max-Q Design

Thanks in advance

Charlie

2 minutes ago, charlie4 said:

I've been having the same issue.  Same version HD Pro 2020 using Windows 10 Pro.  My Logitech m310 works everywhere else, and it appears to have the most current driver.  Before I go through all the effort to register for a "trial" version, has there been any future wisdom on what the problem may be and what solutions there might be?

Here is my basic info

• Device name    LAPTOP-0SQAD1PR
  • Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
  • Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
  • Device ID    D15CDC06-FAEA-4EEF-982F-41B58E807BFF
  • Product ID    00330-52996-26352-AAOEM
  • System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Pen and touch    Pen and touch support with 10 touch points
  • NVIDIA Quadro P3200 with Max-Q Design

Thanks in advance

Charlie

By the way I tried 2 other mice and all had the same issue with HD Pro but no issues with any other applications.

I have tried updating all software, I have looked to see if the mouse was the issue, I've tried all I know to do and I still have the issue.  I honestly think the developer just wants money for the upgrade and frankly, I don't use the program enough to warrant that expense right now.