3D rendering very slow in 2023 compared to 2022

ronberger

I have two licenses for HDP that I maintain on a desktop / workstation and another on my laptop.      When comparing rendering in 2023 to 2022 on the same computer (the one I upgraded which is the laptop -  Ryzen 5, independent Radon graphics card, 16mb ram) 2023 is like moving in slow motion.     I am at the point where I am making frequent changes and am considering going back to 2022 since it is so much faster.

Question 1:    I see some discussion on this but is anyone clearly seeing this?
Question 2:    Is Chief Architect working on something to address this?    I saw some contacted tech support.   I have not yet.
Question 3:    More for Chief Architect is if there are specific setting changes that are not default in 2023 that were not in 2022 that could be causing this?   I have looked and haven't seen any.

I am thinking I need to roll back to complete the project I am working on.     That would be a disappointment.

Thanks

Hey - I always ensure that the independent graphics card is on and actually running.

I had some issues a while back in my case it was ensuring the graphics card was actually running by checking on the cards utilities.

I know its running now as I can hear the fan blazing on the laptop as I work.

I have a NVIDIA GTX GeForce 1660 Ti 6Mb card on a Ryzen 7 and have done walkthroughs in Physically Based render in both 2022 and now 2023 - and it's great for my work.

Is your Radon card compatible and meets the minimum required by HDPro2023/2022 specs?

Hope this assists in some way as it can get frustrating, I know.

Jeff.

Everything meets specs.    When I run 2022 the 3D rendering is smooth and I can move freely through a 3D view using the various camera views.    When I run 2023 the 3D rendering pauses with each mouse movement and takes a few seconds to render, the camera movement is just choppy.    It is a distinct difference between the products.   Looking at performance memory is similar as well as peaking the graphics card on render for both.    It just seems 2023 is more resource intensive on CPU and Graphics.  

8 hours ago, ronberger said:

the camera movement is just choppy.

Well it sounds familiar to me that's for sure;

I'd be thinking it's a hardware or GPU issue;

I also look at the General Options for Render under Preferences - Preferences\Render\ General Options

Tick the Manage GPU Residency.

Mine is ticked.

I am having no problems in 2023 - in fact it seems better than 2022 for me. Marginally.

Jeff.