Rim joist at deck attachment does not display.

MCCCcc

I created a deck that attaches at the second floor level. I am trying to create a cross section detail to show the deck-to-wall attachment, but the rim joist does not display. After looking at the attachment from different camera views, I found that it does not displaying in any view. If I detach the deck, the rim joist appears, so I know it is there.

Why won't the rim joist appear?

How do I make it appear?

image.thumb.png.5c564c14cf3e2186314baed4154f1f7e.png

A test plan was created to duplicate the above problem, but the rim joist displays correctly. I have no idea as to why above design down not work. Made sure the 1st and 2nd floor aligned correctly, but still no display of the rim joist. 

Edited by MCCCcc
uploaded image instead of pdf.

Please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

Making and attaching a really simple plan that demonstrates the problem would be helpful. Lots of different settings and ways of doing things.

One room over one room, deck on 2nd floor. Framing built as you would build it etc.

I just manually modified the deck ledger board and moved it out to the surface of the sheathing, where it should be in my neck of the woods. The Rim Joist now appears. When I click on it, it's height is 11 1/4", where as the i-joists are 11 7/8", so a 5/8" difference. A small block fills in the space under the rim joist to make up the 5/8" difference. Clicked on the block and looked at it's specification and found it to be a ceiling joist. Opened the Room specification and looked at the floor structure to verify the 11 7/8" i-joist height was correctly set, which it is. The floor/ceiling defaults are set the same, 11 7/8" i-joist. Not sure how the 11 1/4" rim joist has been specified. Any thoughts?

image.thumb.png.8fc6343a95770349cea73526777581e7.png

By the way, I just corrected my signature. Didn't know that my profile and the signature were two different things, but got it figured out.

Okay, found that the previous message had some mis information. The image was not take from the original view, which was a back clipped elevation, but rather a separate regular elevation. The rim joist and ceiling joist shown on the previous image are not from wall that the deck attaches to, but a interesting wall beyond it. Problem is still active as the rim joist is still missing.