Truss top cord - built up where extended

wrcolclough

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Home Designer Pro 2022

I have a house plan with a flat roof truss (1/4"/ft actually).

In one section the upper floor is set back, but the trusses extend out the full amount like the others. like the top truss in the image.

A normal truss in this situation would have a shallower section of truss, rather than just the top cord, projecting out as in the lower truss in the image.

Is there a way for HDPro to do this automatically.

If not has anyone come up with a work around?

Thanks in advance, Bob

image.thumb.png.5503feea05d3c199581169ded15cdadf.png

Well gentlemen....that was just too simple and logical for me to have guessed!  Thank you.

My next question is: now that I have the extensions in place how do I get the soffit down to the underside of them?  (and hopefully siding along the front and down the side)

I have experimented a bit and don't see how.

Thanks, Bob

image.thumb.png.6c61d098bd44d31d81665e0ee504178e.png

Why are you modeling trusses? They will need to be designed by a truss manufacturer and you will include their data sheets in your plan.

Sub Fascia controls the position of the soffit.

Trusses build between roof and ceiling planes. Place a ceiling plane (shown in green) where you want the bottom of the truss and the truss will fill in.

ht1.thumb.png.8e268163378f8a6d3e1d01b906ca63a6.png

• Upvote 1

Agree Eric, the truss company will do the actual design, but in the meantime i want the image to be as accurate as possible - in this case showing the thickness of the truss over the deck and the dropped ceiling/soffit that will result.  Thanks for the advice, I will add a ceiling plane.

Much appreciated, Bob