stump on wall setup

Tyler2022

2 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

You will have to upgrade to HD Pro in order to create custom wall  types, sorry. Your "signature" shows that you use "Architectural 2021", if that is out of date, please update it so it shows what you are now using, please.

DJP

I'm not using 23 because of the current situation that I'm in. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler2022 said:
2 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

You will have to upgrade to HD Pro in order to create custom wall  types, sorry. Your "signature" shows that you use "Architectural 2021", if that is out of date, please update it so it shows what you are now using, please.

DJP

I'm not using 23 because of the current situation that I'm in

Do you or don't you have Pro? If you have Architectural it offers NO customizing of wall types.

DJP

I am not quite sure what is going on. I was asking if anyone uses a vaspor barrier under the housewrap because whenever I looked at a detailed example  i was asking if there is a substitution within the program i can use for the water barrier 

Screenshot 2023-01-16 151928.jpg

Most default wall types have a "House Wrap" AKA vapor barrier", I think only masonry and block walls do not use a "House Wrap". What I was trying to communicate is that Wall layers and definitions can not be manually edited in Architectural 2023, if your version can, then good for you.

DJP

On 1/16/2023 at 7:14 AM, Tyler2022 said:

so I am trying to get my outside wall application setup and I seem to be stuck because I cannot find  moisture barrier would that be the lath or the house wrap? can anyone help me on what i should use as my vapor barrier 

Is this a construction question? Your wording makes me think you don't understand the components of the wall you are building.

However, you may create your own material if one does not exist in the library.

But my real question is why add all these layers to your wall? Especially ones that are 0" thick.

you are right and I'm totally open on learning the right way of the right components that goes on a outside wall under the stucco or even inside too. if you have some time to teach me i would absolutely appreciate the education.

this is the materials that builders use in my area which is new Mexico. Truly to be honest with you i have walked multiple frames that had the lath and the wire in the ongoing process