Can I change the colour of the siding to a Sherwin Williams colour?

wrcolclough

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Home Builder Pro 2022

Is there a way to change either lap siding or fibre cement siding (from the Materials Library) to a Sherwin Williams colour?  I have downloaded the Sherwin Williams colour catolog.

I can change the colour of the wall to it but then don't have the texture of siding.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Bob

Ah yes, now I remember: rather than changing the colour of the siding by going in via wall specification and changing the material, I change the colour the trim on the adjacent door, and then used the eye dropper to take the colour from the trim and apply it to the siding.  Then changed the trim back to white.

I don't use the software enough to always remember what I figured out in the past.

Cheers, Bob 

• Solution
31 minutes ago, wrcolclough said:

Ah yes, now I remember: rather than changing the colour of the siding by going in via wall specification and changing the material, I change the colour the trim on the adjacent door, and then used the eye dropper to take the colour from the trim and apply it to the siding.  Then changed the trim back to white.

I don't use the software enough to always remember what I figured out in the past.

Cheers, Bob 

No need to paint the trim first.

You could also create a new material with your chosen color and use that material in the wall definition.