Deck not displaying correctly in 3D view

MichaelScott

Go to solution Solved by MichaelScott,

• Solution

So in this example, I draw an actual deck and a sample deck on the 2nd floor plan, as in the tutorial, with straight deck railings under "Build Deck Railings."  I check to make sure it is a deck in the room specification, and it is.  The structure and height are correct as below. Auto rebuild deck framing is ON.  I go to the layer panel and reset all layers to "checked."  Default auto rebuild framing doesn't have any effect.  The deck and any sample decks build but display as in the tutorial video. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Michael 

Deck View.jpg

Deck Structure.jpg

6745 Working Plan1-1-2023.zip

Edited by MichaelScott
Select follow but no longer see the check box.

For the decks, make sure to "Build Deck Framing" is completed by selecting the deck in plan view and then in your Edit toolbar (the one that only appears when you select something), you will find the "Build Deck Framing" command to select and do. That will then fill out the deck's floors and framing.

DJP

I use this forum or twice every few years which is when I use the program. I use 25 other programs with 25 other forums, Q&A formats, which all have their quirks and ambiguities.  I would not be posting here unless I reached a point in the design where I am absolutely unable to go forward after reviewing the videos, the tutorials on Youtube and the reference guide. If I were not days or hours behind schedule, I could view a tutorial on how to the Q&A format.  When and if I can retire in a couple of hundred years, I expect I will have the time to come back and click the correct button.  Thank you in advance for understanding.  M.