Crown on Interior Doors

Nirvana

I'm new to Home Designer Suite 2015, but I have made a great deal of progress on my custom home design in a very short time.  This has been a fantastic tool.

I am having a minor issue with the interior trim for my doors.  All of my doors seem to have a "crown" that I can't seem to change.  I'm trying to stack a transom window on my doors as I've done with my windows, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the trim plain.  I was able to select a "modern" window style and use that for stacking transoms on my windows.  I'm posting a picture to show the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

post-2207-0-50306900-1426621922_thumb.jpg

The Lintel is probably related to the plan style template that you started with, and you probably can't remove it in Suite. 

Looking at the pictures for the template styles, it looks like it could be Today's Traditional, Colonial, or Arts & Crafts. 

You can start a new plan using the default or another template style which doesn't have it set.

Thanks for the quick replies.  I was afraid it was a template setting.  That's unfortunate that I can't easily make a change.  I have a lot of work put into this design.  Is it possible to export what I've done, create a new project using the standard template and then import my work?  That way I'd just need to redo my doors.

So in Suite you can't change the casing of a Door in the Door's DBX ? or suppress the Lintel if on?

I have Pro and can change the style , size etc , (or set it up in the Plan Defaults too.)

You can copy and paste between Plans ( can use "hold Position" on paste), however I don't think Suite has Edit>Edit Area>All Floors to simplify this. might want to check your reference manual (on the help menu) and see

I found a solution.  It was actually suggested by katalyst777 in another thread from 2006.  I created a new plan using the default template.  I then added a door, copied it, closed the plan, opened my other plan and pasted the door.  It was very tedious, but it did work.

I can't seem to post the revised image though.

• Upvote 1