How to add layers in floor structure definition default settings

sbouchar

Hi,  I am using Home Designer PRO 2023. I am trying to add layers to the floor structure in the Defauts Setting -> Floors and Rooms -> Floor levels -> Floor 0.  By default floor 0 has a single layer and the first floor has 2 layers.   The example shown in my image is the first floor structure default with 2 layers, Anyone would know how to add layers ?

Thanks for your help!

image.thumb.png.cc41dbcca4bbd3b9ac0938a976465e8e.png

Home Designer Pro does not have the option to add layers to the floor structure. The only thing you could do is have someone with Chief Premier take your plan and edit the structure and send it back to you. I tried it with a new plan in X14 and then opened it in 2023 and the additional layers show in the structure. Capture.thumb.PNG.bd616eadffff9160cf63dd29e653190d.PNG

It's much simpler than trying to find someone to give you the plan in X14. The structure will give you the joist and subfloor. When you open up the room, there is another layer built in that you can adjust the thickness of to give you the finished floor. It is right above what you have highlighted at the 12-5/8" dimension. The default is 3/4" for wood flooring, etc. You can change it to whatever thickness you need, whether 1/2" for tile, 3/8" for engineered flooring, etc To look at it in section will give you the layers of framing, subfloor and finished floor

Thank you for pitching-in.  Yes I understood that, but while my snapshot sample was showing floor one my real intent was to try to modify floor 0 to add layers below the slab i.e. isolation and humidity protection.  My goal was to try to have those materials come-out in the specs on a layout as well as in the material build for pricing.  I am just currently exploring how I can preset known defaults before I start drawing a few plan scenarios for my project.  Maybe I am getting too picky for that version ;-)

Ah, I see. Stuff like that may be best drawn manually on the section detail you will include with the plan. Especially since floor 0 can't be edited for items below. Unless you tried using the existing concrete floor, change it's thickness to what you need for your material, then in the floor finish, make that the thickness of your concrete floor? Even just a polyline with some type of fill pattern and a notation will suffice. Most of the time, the materials list created by HD is not accurate enough to bid from. Usually much better off having the people bid from the plan. As long as the material is noted in the section, they should be able to pick it up

I see .. I wasn't aware that the material list wasn't accurate. I was counting on it for budgetary purposes in my scenarios, not necessarily for bidding. I can definitely handle those specific materials  separately for budget and bidding (or rent Chief Architect for a month when I get far enough) ... Thanks again for your insights.

This could work for your material list. 1 layer Slab floor, draw a polyline box over slab, convert to slab, change thickness, change material to ridged foam and lower below slab. repeat with 1/8" vapor barrier. It reports to material list as a slab but with different material. The elevation I drew cad boxes and fill color. Hope it helps. 

1959020934_Capture5.thumb.PNG.1d8a1f194036fe6582679ba8c0389cf6.PNG437629187_Capture4.thumb.PNG.d85594dc76f1db4e0f49569aca933463.PNG