Can't change material color!?

MorganWood

Hi! This is something I've  not experienced before. Somehow the color of the horizontal beam on the perimeter of the deck is now white, and for the life of me I can change it back to black. When I choose the material painter (with black) and hover on the white beam you can see in the bottom left corner that it shows that I'm painting with black and the target is white... but nothing happens! Pretty sure I did something dumb along the way, but I'm stumped! Help?

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 10.38.59 AM.png

SCOTT!!!!! Ohmyword, thank you. I don't know what caused that... I made it black a few weeks ago and all of a sudden... bam. Thank you!

Yes, we are building this home IN COEUR d'ALENE !!!!! How about that!?

Our designer used Chief Architect. I wanted to be able to play with different colors and finishes and do some furniture planning, because I'm very visual. Plus my husband - who is not - was having trouble "seeing" what our plan would look like. So I bought Home Designer Architectural, and had my designer share the file. Took a couple tries - he had to remove a bunch of restrictions so I could see through windows, change surfaces, etc.... but it's been fun to play. 

House should be done in April or May!

(But I love using this program, so maybe I'll help others "visualize" their homes too... )