Need help with roof please!

jfobes

I am trying to add a roof on this plan and have planes going all over the place! General plan is 1st floor 8' walls, seconf floor 3' knee wall then wanting a 12/12 pitch roof. 

I am tired and hoping someone can assist. I am missing something real simple I am sure. I just cant find it! 

Teach me please. 

See attached plan. 

Thank you!!

I am using a mac with OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

26X40.plan

If your 3' walls are meant to be exterior walls, and you want the roof to build on top of them, then do not choose 'ignore 2nd floor' when building the roof.

NONE of the room types should be designated as 'attic' rooms.  Change the master bedroom to the 'master bedroom' room type.  Change the loft room to 'hall', 'nook' or even 'unspecified'.
Rebuild the roof.

Do a perspective full overview.  Up on the toolbar, choose 3D>camera view options>cross section slider.  Use the one that will allow you to see the shower room from the south side.
Notice that you will need to drop the height of that door (into the shower) to about a 66" height. If you are really short, you might be able to stand up in that room?

Redraw over your 'loft' room walls with the straight railing wall (NOT the deck railing wall).

Ahh so close!

I added the 3' walls as an after thought and forgot to rename the floor areas. There will be a gable at the shower area extending to the corner where there will be a door to a deck off the master bedroom. Need a correct roof to put the dormer in first. Work in progress......

I will try these ideas when I get back at it tonight. These late night sessions are wearing on me!!

Thanks!!!

Treenet,

I am building a 3' wall around the perimeter of the second floor and the rafters will be on top of that. I am trying to maximize my headroom and interior room by doing this. Otherwise the master bedroom will be rather narrow I think. And I may switch to a 10/12 pitch, design in progress!

Really enjoying this though. My best half likes to see what something will look like before giving a thumbs up or down, thus this software.

Treenet,

I will see if there are some options like you are showing in my Suite version. I se some icons that are unfamiliar to me. But I see what you are doing and like what I see. I could build my exterior walls to 1.5" and get the plate added then add the roof and gable. then adjust the wall height as needed for fit and desired room dimensions.

Thanks

J

Best bet J is to follow the CapeCod Tutorial linked to earlier in the Thread it will let you build the 1 1/2 storey house you want in Suite since you have no manual control of Roofs.

Measure some of the furniture you plan on the 2nd floor as 36" knee walls may not be high enough to accommodate some Dressers etc , and at some point you will have to turn off Auto Roofs , so changing your mind later could cause you issues as you'd need to rebuild the roof to change it's knee wall height.

M.