How do I create a bookshelf to look like this?

fliplewis

I'd like to create a bookshelf like the attached picture (bookshelf Target.jpg).   I have attached what I currently designed in Home Designer Pro.   There are 3 things I can't figure out.

1.  The bottom shelf is now a drawer, but it should be wider than the rest of the bookshelf.  How do I make it wider?  Maybe two separate cabinets?

2.  The top shelf I have as a Door Auto Left, but I just want the arch, not the back wood part of the door.  An open arch.

3.  I have vaulted ceilings.  How do I make the top of the book shelf match the ceiling slope?

Thanks,

Flip

bookshelf - Target.jpg

cabinets - Current.jpg

20 hours ago, fliplewis said:

Maybe two separate cabinets?

Yes

but I just want the arch

I would try a Custom Backsplash for the arches. Draw it against the wall, select it and move it out to the face of the cabinet.

Search in Tips & Techniques for Backsplash to see more info.

How do I make the top of the book shelf match the ceiling slope?

You cannot.

12 hours ago, solver said:

try a Custom Backsplash

Eric - I tried that - you can't edit an end panel in elevation as the tools are not available - you can change the width and height - but can't shape an arch into it - I tried. Must try a splashback instead. Extend it to the ceiling to fill in the vertical gap?

I created a 20mm wide cupboard wall as a face panel and inserted an arched opening - which worked; But it all got too messy.

A wall is a wall - not a cupboard in HDPro.

Keen to see someones answer using available tools.

Maybe some solid objects from the library shaped might work?

PS - Soffit won't work either as I tried that also.

13 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

I think that you need to re-read the advice that was posted.

The soffit was only added as a way to add a molding to the cabinet, just below the ceiling.

I like the poster would like to know how you achieved the roundtop look you posted in your image ,and did so using only Architectural, please.

Thank you.

DJP

What would be super helpful is if anyone can point to a tutorial or even give step by step instructions on how to design what Jo_Ann showed in the picture (also attached).  If we could do that, then we could really make any of the shelves we are trying to create.  Please forget soffit and crown molding.  Just the arch at the top as a bookshelf would be great.

bookshelf.jpg