attic walls not needed

LeighG123

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hello

When placing a roof, how do you tell it that you don't have an attic?  I have trusses sitting on the exterior walls, no attic and no attic walls yet HD doesn't seem to allow that.  I have tried making attic walls invisible and turning off the automatic attic walls and then I get this .. a floating roof!  What do I have to do to get the roof to sit on the walls ??

Thanks

image.thumb.png.3c72e82c1ce472455425fc54297b81e1.png

8 minutes ago, LeighG123 said:

When placing a roof, how do you tell it that you don't have an attic?

In this program, you will always have an Attic level, and even an actual home built using trusses for the roof has an attic, it's just not as useable as a stick built roof.

For many questions, and this is one of them, attaching your plan file will help someone help you. So many possible settings and ways of doing things, having the file eliminates lots of back and fourth.

14MB size limit. Zip or remove unneeded things like furniture, cars etc. if it's larger. Close the program before zipping and attaching.

Eric

I rebuilt the foundation but it did not put a foundation under the addition.  This is a mobile home so I am trying to not physically connect the addition to the home, it will be done as a stand alone structure rather like a deck and 3 season room would be.  Perhaps though, that is my problem because I have 4 walls defined in the addition with the one at the house being invisible.  Maybe this is not possible with Home Designer and perhaps for my purposes I should delete the invisible wall so that the addition becomes part of the home plan.  

image.thumb.png.8066818720f391d4d404227807845535.png

Hi Eric.  
Thanks for the help on this.  In the real world I have actually compleated this part of the extension build but am now in the planning stage of a second addition to the far right of the deck which will give me an additional bedroom.  What I am doing now is trying to recreate the plan in HD so I can visualize the new addition and it's interior layout. 

20220729_131051.jpg

Eric

Wow...Thank you so much for that video!  It is not exactly as I have it but it does answer a lot of questions.  Your roof over is very nice but since it's a mobile that would be problomatic because with a mobile home they tell you not to make hard connections due to ground heave. My home is on blocks, not lucky enough to have a stem wall or even a slab so my solution was to build it like a self supporting deck which some of it is.  I now have this and I can take it from here. Thanks again for the help, sorry if I was a PITA to get started.  

image.thumb.png.0a9363f765220ba11a568959d7d8e97d.png