upgrade to pro from Archetect

mcbutler

Hello,

Yes, you can open your Home Designer Architectural files in Home Designer Pro.  The Home Designer Pro would need to be the same version or newer than the Home Designer Architectural for this to work.

Thank you for the question.

Chief Architect Sales

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

A similar question:

I plan to upgrade from HDA 2014 to Pro 2016. I wonder if imported 3D models and textures will be "transferred" to the upgraded programme, or they' ll have to be manually moved.

Also, in my computer there are some files from previously downloading older versions of HDA. After installing Pro 2016 is it OK to delete them? Or will this be a trouble for 2016?

A similar question:

I plan to upgrade from HDA 2014 to Pro 2016. I wonder if imported 3D models and textures will be "transferred" to the upgraded programme, or they' ll have to be manually moved.

Also, in my computer there are some files from previously downloading older versions of HDA. After installing Pro 2016 is it OK to delete them? Or will this be a trouble for 2016?

Hi!

If you're installing Pro 2016 on the same computer as HDA 2014 then during the installation process you'll be asked by Pro 2016  whether you want to associate existing files it has found with the new version.

No problem deleting remnants of previous installs, just make sure not to delete plans or other files you want to associate with Pro 2016.

Hm, I see. The fact is that I can't say I remember what happened when I upgraded from 2012 to 2014, but the truth is I didn't lose anyhting.

One more question, since I'm quite stupid, what kind of files? Apart from the plans (which I plan sometime to erase), do you mean those containig textures and images?