Changing Roof Thickness

BadgerEngineer

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I'm working on a design for an auto dealership. We'd like to use steel members for the roof structure. There will be a 9' overhang for the roof, and this 9' overhang will be 36" thick due to the steel members being used. Is there a way to change the layers of the roof in HDP, or is that option only available in Chief Architect? 

If this feature is not available in HDP, is there a way to change the roof thickness so that this plan looks more accurate to what the finished result will be? I've tried changing the default settings in various dialogue boxes, but none of the changes are reflecting in the roof plan. The plan is too large to attach, but I'm attaching a picture of the part of the roof I need to make thicker.

Roof Issue.jpg

26 minutes ago, BadgerEngineer said:

Is there a way to change the layers of the roof in HDP

Yes there is. Open a roof plane and check the settings you may change.

For the best help, someone would need more details on what this overhang needs to look like. My image is using a thick roof plane, but you might consider using a sloped soffit.

ht1.thumb.png.bee0336d6182b20379ee8e4541c94c04.png

14 minutes ago, solver said:

Yes there is. Open a roof plane and check the settings you may change.

For the best help, someone would need more details on what this overhang needs to look like. My image is using a thick roof plane, but you might consider using a sloped soffit.

ht1.thumb.png.bee0336d6182b20379ee8e4541c94c04.png

The way you've shown your roof is essentially what the roof plane I'm working on should look like. How did you get it to generate that way?

When I open the roof plan dbx, I've changed the structure thickness to 36", but it's not displaying that way in camera view. Please let me know if there is any more info I can provide that would be helpful.

• Solution
24 minutes ago, BadgerEngineer said:

How did you get it to generate that way?

Made the fascia 36", and the overhang is a separate roof plane.

How you model will depend on the details, like what the finishes will be.