Quick Question About Rendering??

Timeless_16

Hi All,

Is it possible to take the file or files of the design from Home Designer Suite 2015 and use an external rendering program such as http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/

How can it be done?

The reason I am asking is because I seen a side by side screen shot of Home Designer standard HQ render from the program itself then someone posted one with an external renderer used like the one above and it was phenominal!! I couldn't believe the different. It was as good as the quality that the $1,000 programs produce.

Thanks, Zac.

none of the Home Designer Titles can export Files compatible ( eg .3ds or .obj) with most external 3D Rendering programs such as Kerky or Blender that I am aware of.

Pro can import those files but not export them , only CA Premier can export ,but it also has it's own Ray Tracing Engine too.

M.

I have been searching for a similar solution but unfortunately "the quality that the $1,000 programs produce " is exactly why they cost a $1000, or more in the case of CA. I am currently playing around with the CA X6 trial version for this reason only and after a lot of trial and error I'm beginning to seriously consider the $1500 upgrade cost from HD Pro. 

Check out the difference in quality of the regular 'render' HD gives you to what CA can produce. And this is one of my first attempts ! can't wait to master it like the great Jintu over on the CA Facebook group.

post-794-0-92185000-1426198606_thumb.png

post-794-0-27588500-1426198625_thumb.png

Jintu is definitely one of the Rendering Masters, does great work as does Patricia at 3D-Diva  http://3d-diva.davidmichaeldesigns.com/

Warren , do you have a special discount ?  or did you mean Euros?   Chief PremierX7 is $2200USD after your $500USD Rebate not $1500USD.

If I see someone selling a license cheaper I will let you know....

You can Rent to Own Chief -- $200USD a month x 15 months but when I asked they didn't allow the rebate if you "Rented".

M.

Mick, sorry correction. I am intending to upgrade to CA Interiors and for that the upgrade cost is $1500.

I would be greatly appreciated if you do let me know about such a license, I would definitely be interested.

W

this site is another good example of Chief's file exported to KerkyThea or Lumion etc, most high end photo realism seems to be done in Progs other than Chief , but you need Chief too get the 3D file exported 1st. eg in .3ds format.

some examples in this thread on CT :        https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/2856-3d-rendering/#entry37762

Lourdes site is here:

https://www.behance.net/Wrightdzign

• 3 weeks later...

@warrenwest, I would love to be able to justify an upgrade to CA though as an occasional user it's simply not realistic for me. I use HD Architectural 10 (super old!) and can produce good results (IMHO) with renders using 'Final View with Shadows'. I assume this is available in Pro? Attached example.

post-1602-0-91007000-1428119483_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

If anyone is seriously interested in pursuing rendering a Home Designer plan file in a third-party rendering program like Kerkythea, a Chief Architect user can export your HD file in a usable format (usually .3DS).  I would be willing to do this for people for $60 a file.  I would not fix your HD file or alter it in any way, simply import it into Chief and export as 3DS.  You would need to take it from there in terms of learning how to import the model and use your rendering program.

I'm not willing to do it for free, since it does take a bit of time on my end, but it's cheaper than upgrading your software if you're not ready to do that.

The desire for photorealistic renderings is exactly the reason I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from Home Designer to Chief Premiere eight years ago.  :-)

• Upvote 1

The render engine in HDPro that produces the 'Technical Illustration' and the 'Watercolor ' effects - is uniquely individual in the real world. (For my clients)

Not in any other package I use.

I am only new to the HD Pro software - but I am a long term ArchiCAD user and 'Cinerender', the renderer in ArchiCAD 18,  is truly great but photo-realiasm imagery is not alway the only answer.

If you want photorealistic imagery - why use HDPro? 

I use HDPro - for specific projects - and every client is always impressed - not just the design, but in the presentation tools of HDPro  - ArchiCAD does not have any of these?

Don't give them comparisons to other tools in other programs - Avoid comparisons with other programs - unless you intend to buy/use them.

I market the presentation of my design product around the tools of the software - not vice versa.

I select the software as the tool appropriately for what I need to present.

I cannot model 250 apartments over 7 story's in HD Pro - so I use ArchiCAD.

I don't use a sledge hammer to crack a wallnut - so I use HDPro on select workable projects.

Cheers to all of you guys.

This forum makes great regular reading for a novice user.

I've leant allot in a short space of time.