Roof lines not working

Trueburton

I am trying to change the roof lines on this design and I can't figure it out. I want the three front walls to be gables but not connecting to eachother. The attic walls are extending in further than I want but I can't change those without it messing up alot more. Can you guide me how and where I can get help with this?

Screenshot 2022-09-29 122829.png

While you might be able to somehow force the auto roof builder to do what you want, switching to using the manual roof tools will be far simpler.

For the best help, attach your plan file. 14MB file size limit, and the plan cannot be open when you upload (or Zip). Usually just need the plan and not a full backup.

Thinking as a builder/remodeler (which I am) and as a designer (what I often pretend to be), I'll suggest eliminating the porch gable. 

Roof building will always follow walls.

If you can click on the wall on the RHS that you want a full gable to build over and open the dialogue box and check full gable.

For the middle gable, place a temporary wall where you want the gable to build and follow the same process as above.

Than delete the temporary wall for the center gable.

Have fun.

@mthd97

11 hours ago, mthd97 said:

Roof building will always follow walls.

Not always true.

If you can click on the wall on the RHS that you want a full gable to build over

What is "RHS"? 

For the middle gable, place a temporary wall where you want the gable to build and follow the same process as above.

I'm sure there is a wall defining the porch that is set to Full Gable already, so where would the temporary wall go?

I'm sure the OP and others reading this in the future would like to learn how to make the auto roof builder create the roof above. Maybe you could upload a plan showing your settings?

Hi Eric,

RHS = Right Hand Side.

From the picture above it appears that the porch is not being recognized, otherwise a gable should have been created above it ? That’s why I recommend a temporary wall to be located where they want the gable to be produced. The picture doesn’t show any structure yet for supporting the porch entry. It doesn’t appear that a room name or definition for the porch has yet been created even though a slab is shown for the porch ?