Glitch causing shadows and patterns to appear where there are no patterns or shadows

LarkRaven

Has anyone encountered a glitch that causes the effects you see in the picture?

I'm using Chief Architect Home Designer 2021.

The program was working fine up until today. I've restarted the program, rebooted my computer and nothing has helped. All of my saved files/designs are showing the same glitch.

I called the tech support line, but I was automatically directed to a sales associate, not tech support. The sales person told me I had two options:

1) Pay about $150 for the upgrade to the 2023 version

2) Pay about $150 to get tech support for a one-off tech call. She said Chief Architect only offers free support for the latest two versions of their product.

I do find it very upsetting to be told my only two options to recover my designs/work are to give the company more money.

Has anyone run into this kind of glitch? Either way, do any of you have suggestions about how to fix it?

Thank you!

Chief Architect Glitch 2.jpg

Chief Architect Glitch 3.jpg

Chief Architect Glitch.jpg

Never had anything like that happen. The first thing you can do is to check your current computer relative to the "Minimum Requirements" listed on  the Home Designer website and compare it against your computer and its hardware. If then found to be "OK" then check your mouse and video card software drivers to see if they need updating. Those two areas are the most likely candidates for scrutiny when such unwanted things happen.

DJP 

2 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Never had anything like that happen. The first thing you can do is to check your current computer relative to the "Minimum Requirements" listed on  the Home Designer website and compare it against your computer and its hardware. If then found to be "OK" then check your mouse and video card software drivers to see if they need updating. Those two areas are the most likely candidates for scrutiny when such unwanted things happen.

DJP 

Thanks for the suggestions, David. I'll give those solutions a try and report back.