Floor joist layer showing only joists from floor above.

DanWEC

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hello, having a problem.

Working on a large full house file. In plan view, when I select "Framing- floor joists" on, it shows the joist layout for the floor above. For example if I have a ground level main floor in view, (Floor 2 because of basement below)  it will only show the floor joists for the 2nd story (Floor 3), which would technically be in the ceiling for the main floor.

It makes it impossible to display the joist layout for the top floor while displaying it. Nothing shows up, it will only display ceiling joists and roof rafters.

How would I display the floor joists under the current floor platform in a layout drawing? Very strange.

Thank you.

• Solution

Floor framing is located on the floor below, so to see it, you need to use Reference Display.

Here I've changed the Reference Display Layer Set to show only floor joists, and left the default red line color.

The Open Below space has no floor joists, while the room to the right does.

ht1.thumb.png.5ddc21b952a38eec79b192864e4840f4.png

Reference Display is handy for all types of things.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, solver said:

Floor framing is located on the floor below, so to see it, you need to use Reference Display.

Here I've changed the Reference Display Layer Set to show only floor joists, and left the default red line color.

The Open Below space has no floor joists, while the room to the right does.

ht1.thumb.png.5ddc21b952a38eec79b192864e4840f4.png

Reference Display is handy for all types of things.

Thanks Eric, for the working drawings I was using the reference display as a workaround. However for the final layout drawing, in order to display them as a cohesive plan view, how can I change the reference layer line colour? Can't seem to find the option.  Thanks again.

Edit- Found it, under The Reference floor button- define reference floor. Thanks!

Edit again... somehow I marked myself as the solution Author when it was you. Don't know how to change it but if you can, feel free!