Terrain

JoeJC1

Hello,

I created a terrain using the terrain spline tools tracing over the survey of the property.  That went well and modeled the terrain accurately.  The only problem I have is that the 0' contour is not lining up with the 0' elevation of the 1st floor level.  If the floor of the first level is actually at 0' in the model, I assume that contour 0' should be pretty close to that also.  However, contour 0' in the model is about 3' lower than it should be.  I have tried changing all the contour levels to higher numbers to try to trick the system and raise all the terrain up but that didn't work.  You can see from my red lines in the picture that the 2' contour line is way lower than it should be in the model if the first floor level of the interior of the house is actually at 0' in elevation.  How can I get the whole terrain to raise up?  Thank you.

Question on terrain height.jpg

Question on terrain height floor plan.jpg

Terrain was added to this software as a feature in 2,000 AD and since it has always been treated as an "add on". What this means to you, as Eric pointed out is that once you modulate the terrain as you wish you then set its locational relationship relative to the structure or structures to each other using the "Building Pad" input box to raise or  lower the terrain plane relative to the zero inches of the structure's first floor.

DJP